Many organizations store all documents, such as medical records, engineering data, and patents, as digital files.
identify commercial software products that support this form of data storage.
- Examine the differences between these products and more traditional data storage approaches.
- Concentrate on efficient use of storage space, internal data representation, and methods of data search and retrieval.
- What unique capabilities are possible with image-based storage and retrieval?
- What additional costs and hardware capabilities are required?
- Examine sites such as www.databankimx.com, www.intelex.com, and www.xerox.com.