Summarize the (3) attached articles by Dr. Mara Crabtree on Prayer & Forgiveness. ***You must write in the active voice***
- The summary must be 350-400 words (citations included).
- You should give a clear overview of the articles, so you must be judicious in how you utilize this short word count.
- Do not use “to be” verbs (am, is, are, was, were, be, being, or been.
- Paraphrase whenever possible instead of directly quoting the material you’re summarizing.
- If you absolutely need to use a quote, you must limit the quote to 3-4 words. No exceptions.
- Write behind the author as your source. This means consistently mentioning him as you summarize his material: e.g., “Crabtree explains…”, “According to Crabtree,…”, etc.
- Provide a one to two sentence summary of the entire chapter at the beginning of your first paragraph and a one to two sentence conclusion in your last paragraph.
These summaries do not follow Turabian styles. Instead, format each summary as follows:
- First and last name and page number in the top-right corner of the header (not the text area, the actual header).
- 1″ margins on all sides.
- Lesson name as the title.
- Cite each reference of the text with parentheses (page number only e.g., “Crabtree states…” (46).).
- Be sure each sentence is clear and grammatically correct.?
- Double-space the text.
- Indent all paragraphs 1/2″ (paragraph = ~125-200 words).
NOTE: Since you are paraphrasing and summarizing Crabtree (not writing original opinion or analysis), you are expected to include citations throughout most sentences (if not every one) of the summary to avoid plagiarism.