- Read and choose one (1) scenario below to respond to.
- Then, comment on one (1) classmate’s posting that you did NOT choose. In other words, if you chose Scenario #1, then comment on one classmate’s posting for Scenario #2. Be sure to say something substantial.
- Did you learn something new?
- Do you agree? Why or why not?
- How would you modify this information?
To begin the discussion, click on the “Create Thread” link above.
Scenario #1 – Mental State:
Stacey Brown, an 18-year-old Hispanic female, comes to the Emergency Room with complaints of feeling sad. She states “I don’t want to live anymore”. She states that her boyfriend broke up with her 2 months ago and has a new a girlfriend. She lives at home with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend.
- Based on her presenting signs, what other questions would you elicit?
- How would you demonstrate knowledge of cultural sensitivity/humility in approach to this patient?
- What would you assess?
- What could be the problem?